Tuesday 22 June 2010

Knerd

I've grown bored of the miles of stockinette needed for needled's Manu so have been looking for little diversions. I recently grabbed some cotton from my stash and whipped up this Mario washcloth


It's just knits and purls but I think it looks pretty cool.


I added a little icord to make a hook.




I had no idea what to do with it so I gave it to my brother. I figure he can use it as a burp cloth or whatever. He's a video game freak, so he damn well better appreciate it.

The chick who created this pattern also has Luigi and Princess Peach washcloths, and it got me wondering what else I have in my Ravelry queue that is geek-inspired. Here's some of my favourites:



Knitted companion cube! By Wren Montgomery. I've never done any 3D knitting like this but I hope I get around to it some day.



Space Invaders sweater by Lisseut.


Epic Super Mario Brothers afghan by CraftNerd1. I wish I had the dedication!



Awesome knitted robot by the lovely MargoC. I WANT A CUDDLY ROBOT PLEASE


Robot fair isle sweater by Elf518 (link goes to her Etsy shop, where you can buy the patterns for her insane colourwork!)

There's not enough nerdy knitting books out there, but I do love this crochet book I have, Creepy Cute Crochet, which has a tiny crocheted Cthulu. Awesome.








2 comments:

  1. heh, the washcloth is swell. i like the companion cube, too. please be my secret santa again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario is awesome period

    ReplyDelete