Tuesday 11 May 2010

Owls Cardigan

You probably remember the Owls sweater I knit last year, non-existent blog reader. Well, I decided I want it in cardigan form - to be honest, I have never worn the sweater out of the house. I seem to have a problem wearing my own handknits. I thought it might be because it's just so darn warm, so was wondering if I wouldn't fare better with a cardigan. I gathered up all the Malabrigo Worsted I had, in a lovely semi-solid forest green, and knitted myself the famed Owls, converted into cardigan form with the help of some other Raveler's notes. It turned out, well, bloody fantastic.


I have actually worn this one out, swanning round Bath, so I can safely assume it's a winner. It was mostly all guesswork - I was knitting with worsted rather than the required chunky, so I upped my needle size and used the figures for the next size up. Added an extra 10 stitches for the garter button band, making sure my numbers were right for the Owl cabling, and there you go. I think maybe this one is my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment